Re: * Zetec *

To: "Mitchel Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: * Zetec *
From: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:40:24 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sorry all,
The Zetec is a Ford 4 cylinder engine that seems to be VERY popular in the
UK for classic transplants and also for racing kit cars and the like.  It
goes in the Contour (US)/Mondeo (UK) and Focus.  Scott Kohl (UK)  mentions
in a later email that there is a Spitfire featured in Practical Classics. I
get that subscription so hopefully mine will arrive from the UK soon! If you
don't get it you might want to - it's awesome.

The Brits have a ton of aftermarket conversion and performance stuff for the
engine and have it producing reliable power in increments like 150hp, 190,
210 etc... Most importantly it is small, light, and fairly cheap.

I was hoping my question would trigger someone who has put one into their
TR3, or any TR, or who might have info that I could use to evaluate  it. A
VTEC conversion would be good too.  Tom White and Paul Willouby would have
me put in a Ford 5 liter V8!

Have a great weekend.

Wayne