Re: Gauges

To: "Harold Sawatsky" <hsawatsk@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: Gauges
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 08:48:31 -0500 FILETIME=[0C34E260:01C409CB]
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Herold,

    I've found the best way to separate the bezel and glass from TR6 gauge
bodies is to use a flat rubber jar opener and use it to grasp the bezel with
one hand and hold the gauge body in the other. I then gently, but firmly
twist the Bezel off the body by twisting the bezel back and forth. It take
some time, and it helps to "work" the tabs that hold the bezel to the gauge
body. You are, for the most part, trying to break the seal formed by the
black sealant originally used to seal the gauges. Good luck.

Bob Rochlin

'72 TR6