gasket procedure

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gasket procedure
From: charles dubois <duboistr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:47:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am in the process of putting my TR3 back together now that the cause of the
knocking(broken bolt holding the sprocket to the camshaft) has been identified.

My question is this:  What is the proper procedure for reinstalling the timing
chain gasket and the oil pan gasket?  Is there a Permatex product that should
or could be used to hold the gasket in place or makes removal of the gasket
easier if I had to do this again?

Thanks

Charlie DuBois -
Poughkeepsie,NY