RE: studs on wheels broken?

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: RE: studs on wheels broken?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:22:25 -0400
Cc: "'triu autox'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Paul Dorsey'" <dorpaul@negia.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h6OMPGdL025924
Message text written by "Joe Curry"
>Hi,
I am brand new to this list and have just bought a 1960 Triumph TR3B!
And
because I needed wheels for my restoration, I turned to Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2424275570
&cate
gory=34209&rd=1
Now that I've won the auction, the guy tells me that the studs are
broken on
three of the four wheels!  WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Any help would be appreciated as I've never owned wheels with "studs".
Thanks,
Paul in Athens, GA

Paul,
I would assume that the seller is talking about the studs that hold the
wheel onto the car.  But I can't imagine why he would reveal that since
unless the wheels are damaged as a result of the studs breaking it is
completely immaterial.

Cheers,
Joe
<

Boy, this one took a few minutes to register.  Must be a long day.

Paul, Joe, I'll bet it means the three studs that secure the hubbaps are
broken.  What this means is no hubcaps till you get that fixed.  In other
words they sound like good utility wheels and will last until you break
down and get a set of wires.

They are disc wheels, right?

Oh, and congratulations on your recent acqisition.  Have fun with it.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8