RE: Beer - Canadian Beer

To: "Richard Crabbe" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Beer - Canadian Beer
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:23:46 -0700
Any controls over the strength of beer is only done at the state (not
Federal level). Typical American beers are in the 4 to 4.5 percent range. I
remember when I went to college in Minnesota they had "3.2 Bars" there that
could not sell wine or hard stuff and the beer was limited to 3.2% alcohol
content. Not very tasty!

Many of the microbrews created here are close to (and some well over) 5%

Dave Moag
La Canada, CA