Re: Happy 4th

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Subject: Re: Happy 4th
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:30:53 -0400
Cc: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h65DVOF8008991
Message text written by Steven Newell
>Thanks, took 4 flag-waving candy-throwing boys and myself in the TR4 for
our neighborhood parade.  An MG TD got there early to lead the parade,
but a late comer in a new Volvo convertible somehow snagged the lead.
 We were toward the back with only a go-cart and a vespa between us and
the pack of 50+ kids on bicycles.  Stopped at the top of the last hill,
the parade-watchers at the bottom all clearly heard the "oh no!" from
the bike pack when the go-cart kid ran into the back of the TR4.  No
harm done, both the TR4 and the go-cart ride low and we caught him on
the bumper.  Say what you will about America, but not a single personal
injury lawyer leapt from the crowd to give me his business card.

No baseball yet, but I've had my tofu hot dogs for lunch and caught another
hour in the TR4 at a brisker pace than the parade allowed.  Hope you
enjoyed much of the same.
<

That sounds like a lot more fun than the typical parade we have down here.
Americans (er, citizens of the United States) all seem to be obsessed with
the bigger-is-better concept and the parades tend to have 200+ entries and
last for hours.  Give me a quick, simple, neighborhood parade anyday.  Get
in.  Get out.  Get on with the day.

July 4th greeted us with the hottest weather of the year here in St. Louis.
 The mercury hit 96 and with the high humidity the heat index was 108.
Since I have very little tolerance for this kind of heat I spent most of
hte afternoon indoors - although I spent the morning working on my British
Car.  But then, this is a free country and it is my right to do so.  ;-)

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3
71 TR6