Triumphs Only

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumphs Only
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:54:05 -0700
Cc: <trnut@aol.com>
     I recently needed a used part (TR3 engine front plate) and a new part
(time chain tensioner mounting stud, not available from the big 3) and got
them from Triumphs Only. Not one problem. I've bought items from Wayne since
1998 and have not had a real complaint. A couple of times I bought some used
parts that were "too used". I returned them to Wayne and he did his best to
dig up some "less used" used parts. Not a gripe out of him. These were not
high dollar transactions to start with.
     He is gets busy and could do better answering emails, but he has always
been prompt on the phone. It must be tough to answer an email when you are
busy and someone needs you to rummage around your junkyard for a $10 part.
     I am glad that I don't have to deal with broke TR owners that want a
deal on some otherwise unobtainable part for a car that wasn't noted for the
dependability of the parts when they were new.
     Based on comments on the list, I would verify everything carefully if I
were to buy a car from Wayne, but we all should do that with any old
Triumph. Most of our cars have become a bit "mix and match" anyway.
     Anyway, I am glad that Wayne is around and helping to keep us on the
road. He has been easy to work with and I'll buy from him in the future. He
has been good to me.
     I am sorry that some of the listers have not had the same experience.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA