RE: Drag racing (was : lusting after another car)

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Drag racing (was : lusting after another car)
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:52:49 -0700
Cc: "'Dan Masters'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Randall Young
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 1:20 PM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Cc: Dan Masters
Subject: Drag racing (was : lusting after another car)

> Hey, who's the one with the spit-rocket?  I would think the S2000
> would give
> the A-M a run for it money.  OKay, the interior would need a little
carpet

Was thinking about this just yesterday ... if a major event offered
Triumph
drag racing, how many people would enter their precious cars ?

We'd have to have classes for stock vs modified cars, probably still be
lots
of inequities and the event would be strictly for fun of course.  But,
it
would be a chance for those with modified cars to show off the
advantages of
their modification.

The topic was discussed at least once, but as I recall, the consensus
was
that not enough people would be interested, to make it worth the rather
extreme amount of hassle.  It's tough enough to get permission to run an
autocross, and "drag racing" raises unpleasant images in a lot of
people's
minds ... this year we're offering dynamometer runs instead.

But there's always next year ...

Randall

I for one would.  Many people have asked how fast Tiny Tim would do a
quarter mile.  I have not been able to answer them because the local
drag strip says my safety equipment does not meet NHRA requirements.
Apparently if it's good enough for SCCA, it still is not good enough for
NHRA!  :(

Cheers,
Joe