Re: Canada Bashing ( was RE: Is there anywhere in the world...? )

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Canada Bashing ( was RE: Is there anywhere in the world...? )
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:10:39 +0100
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, at around 13:04:57 local time, David A. Templeton
<davidt@opentext.com> wrote:

>Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
>I take offense to the Canada bashing.

Dear David,

I'm terribly sorry if you feel that I have been "Canada bashing" or
indeed taking Toronto as representative of the whole country (which you
imply is equally offensive).   Neither is true.   I was simply examining
(in a rather superficial manner) the benefits and drawbacks for a
Triumph owner of living in various countries in the world.   My comments
about Canada were based, as I said, on a three-week stay in Ontario,
several years ago.   They were intended to prompt further discussion
about Canada's merits, and not to cause offence.   My apologies.

I don't think I'd better consider moving to Canada, though.   It looks
like the natives are a bit over-sensitive.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671