Re: brake booster vacuum leak on TR6

To: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Subject: Re: brake booster vacuum leak on TR6
From: Bill Bereza <bereza@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:32:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:42:57AM -0400, Blake Discher wrote:
> At 12:13 AM 6/4/2003, Bill Bereza wrote:
> >The question is how easy might this be to fix? I've searched on the web
> >and it seems like it might not be very easy to remove the no-return valve
> >on the servo without opening it up, which I would not like to do.
>
> Check out Nelson Riedel's excellent page on the Buckeye Triumphs site:
> <http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Brakes/Servo/Servo.htm>

Thanks. It seems that with time and possible damage that could result from
attempting to open up the servo myself it might be better just to send it
off for servicing.

Has anyone ever replaced the non-return valve without taking the servo apart?

I'll do some more experiments tonight with a vacuum pump to be sure of where
it's leaking and how much.

Bill
'74 TR6