brake booster vacuum leak on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake booster vacuum leak on TR6
From: Bill Bereza <bereza@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 00:13:20 -0400
Hi,

I'm pretty sure I have a small vacuum leak in the brake booster on my
TR6. It sounds like a rattling kind of sound from the plastic connection
on the servo, and the idle fluctates. Disconnecting the hose and plugging
it causes the sound and the idle fluxuation to go away.

The question is how easy might this be to fix? I've searched on the web
and it seems like it might not be very easy to remove the no-return valve
on the servo without opening it up, which I would not like to do.

The no-return valve conneciton on the booster is very loose feeling, although
wiggling it around doesn't seem to change the leaking sound.

Thanks for any tips.

Bill
'74 TR6