dash lights

To: homebru@mindspring.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: dash lights
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:19:21 EDT
Chris
looking in my handy TR4 owners manual (a super aid - and cheap at Moss) the
color-coded wiring diagram says you are wired up correctly.
the red wire goes to fuse box
the 2 fat red/white wires go to tach and speedo
the thin red/white goes to small gauge set
the gauges are grounded with a black wire with terminals that fit to gauge
fastening posts with thumbscrew.
You may have a bad connection at your fuse box (check back of unit) or you
may be missing the black ground wirings to rear of guages.
The reostat is pretty useless (no reason to dim already too dim lights) - I
have mine turned up to full and permanently taped up behind the dash out of
sight (so I didn't have to poke a hole in nice wood dash.
regards
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74  ..in restore