Re: No Gauge Illumination

To: "INTERNET:SDOliner@aol.com" <SDOliner@aol.com>
Subject: Re: No Gauge Illumination
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:43:09 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h3UMiDio010135
Message text written by INTERNET:SDOliner@aol.com
>This is how I solved my rheostat problem. Just connected the wires and
left
it in place. But I would not say that the gauge lights come on "bright."
I like cruising on summer nights with that retro glow. But if I really
wanted
to know what the gauges are saying forget it. I actually had all the gauges

out and reinstalled them and don't think it is a poor ground. Do these
bulbs
get tired after a while?

<

"Full bright" is a realtive term.  It really means less dim than with the
rheostat in the middle position.  I know the early model TR6 has
notoriously dim gauge lighting but it has been so long since I had my TR4
that I forgot how well the gauges were lit.  BTW, the later model TR6
gauges are much improved over the earlier model.  You can actually see how
low your oil pressure gets.

Dave