Subject: windshield wiper motor-tr6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: windshield wiper motor-tr6
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 06:30:52 EDT
Al,
-bet if you pull the wiper your rack cable out and lube that up and clean &
lube wiper spindles (easier if spindle boxes removed but rather tedious to
remove) your motor would run good and fast as new.
Those spindles dry up and get real tough to operate..
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
I just finished replacing the parking switch in the wipers.  Now they actually
stop in the right place. That takes care of one annoyance.
Now I am thinking I should have replaced the whole motor.
I forgot how slow the wipers move. (in either speed)
Is there anything else , one can try, to speed up the wipers short of
replacing the motor?
Thanks
Al Salvatore
76tr6