re: TR horns

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR horns
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:28:28 EST
TIm,
Most TR4 horn problems seem to be lousy connections throughout - not the
horns themselves (which can be adjusted).
But when TR4A's came out they added a relay switch near the passenger horn to
use the often feeble current through steering wheel button to  give the horns
more direct current.
On my TR4 as long as I made sure all connections were good, my horns NEVER
failed - of course even perfectly working TR4 horns are hard to hear on
modern freeways! On the other hand, I do think 'relay driven' TR horns are a
little louder. And personally, I've got a pair of 70's Italian air-horns
lined up.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

>>I, too, would be interested in any replies on this.  My previous, which was
the original owner of the 64' TR4, stated the horn never worked, though on a
rare occasion, it worked when turning a corner.
Tim<<