RE: MMT (was Octane Boosters) (no LBC at all)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MMT (was Octane Boosters) (no LBC at all)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:21:30 -0800
> I can tell you that if the roles were reversed and it had been a Canadian
> firm telling the United states that, as they are the sole market for their
> arsenic flavoured corn flakes with real arsenic in every spoonful
> (who knew
> it was dangerous?), protective laws could not be passed, the subject would
> not even have been discussed in laughter never mind seriously
> concerning the
> constitutional authorities of the land.

It's funny you should say that Mark, since AFAIK the MTBE lawsuit is still
pending, and it is exactly what you say : a Canadian company (Methanex)
saying we have to use their poison in our gasoline because otherwise we
would damage their company !

Check out
http://forums.transnationale.org/viewtopic.php?t=131
or do a Google for Methanex and NAFTA.

The unfortunate fact is that both countries signed the NAFTA; and it was
bad. (cf Ghostbusters for a definition of "bad" <g>)

Randall