RE: Gearbox and A-Type Overdrive Weight?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gearbox and A-Type Overdrive Weight?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:06:58 -0800
> I just recently purchased a transmission with an A-type overdrive from a
> gentleman out of state and was wondering if any listers had any
> idea of the
> weight so I can figure shipping prices?

Use 150 lbs.  I believe you'll find that the dimensional weight comes out to
nearly that, which is the maximum that UPS will accept.  The actual gearbox
weighs slightly less.

I'd also suggest having it shipped in a wooden crate purpose-built so it
supports the gearbox securely.  You don't want it flopping around and
landing on the various switches, solenoids and levers; they're surprisingly
fragile.

Randall