RE: TR fan extension bolt

To: "Steve Sewell" <tr4a1@prodigy.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR fan extension bolt
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:51:56 -0800
> Getting ready to mount the yellow fan on my 4A. I have the TR3 shorter
> extension. Need suggestions for the bolt. I don't need the starter handle
> dog.

Steve, I'm probably missing something ... why won't a TR3 bolt do ?

It is a standard, tho not terribly common thread, 3/4 UNF as I recall.  So
one approach would be to measure what you need and order one from the likes
of McMaster-Carr.  They have no minimum order, and will sell you just one
bolt if that's what you want (per each price is usually 15-20% higher than
the box quantities listed on their web site).  S&H for my last order was
only $5, which is probably the minimum, and I'm sure you can find something
else you want ...
http://www.mcmaster.com/

When I eliminated the fan and extension on my TR3A, I was lucky enough to
find an assortment of 3/4 UNF bolts at the local "aircraft surplus" house.

Randall