RE: starter motor removal

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starter motor removal
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:11:33 -0800
> You probably want to mention what model Triumph you have.  I doubt you
> need to remove the manifold (if it is stock)... this is certainly not
> the case with a TR3 or 4.

Actually, on my 59 TR3A with the early stock starter motor and stock
exhaust, I have to take the downpipe (aka headpipe) loose from the exhaust
manifold to get the starter out.  I pull the pipe down off the studs, and
pry it over to one side, which just barely leaves room to wiggle the starter
out the bottom.  Another option might be to remove a carb and take it out
the top, but IMO the exhaust is easier to get out of the way.

But I agree, it would make more sense for Jesse to tell us what he's working
on <g>

Randall