TR4 Surrey Top article in 12/02 Sports Car Market

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Surrey Top article in 12/02 Sports Car Market
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:08:57 -0600
A friend lent me a copy of the December 2002 issue of Sports Car Market.
SCM tracks the auto auction industry and accordingly provides a lot of stuff
to drool over.  This particular issue profiled a '64 TR4 Surrey Top which
sold at auction for a record $26,400.  I don't have the article in front of
me, but scribbled a couple notes this morning: 9,834 miles since new, both
soft/hard tops, original Michelin X tires, wood dash, and was apparently
shown by Triumph at some big auto show.

Somewhat OT for this list, I note that the latest issue profiles the 1958 AC
Ace:

    http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles/current/0303-eng.php

Interestingly enough, unlike most magazines, it seems SCM requires a
subscription to look at archived content, while they publish a reasonable
amount of their current content free on their website.

FYI.

Skip Montanaro
tr250