re: blast cabinet needed

To: "INTERNET:douglasehamilton@shaw.ca" <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Subject: re: blast cabinet needed
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:17:42 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <arhodes@compuserve.com> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h241PJM4030611
I had seen the HF unit and it looked good to me.  It seems from the photos
that all
the bench-top units might be slanted in this manner.  Is there on that has
a funnel
shaped bottom in the same size/price range?

What size compressor are you running with it?

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:douglasehamilton@shaw.ca
>I would avoid the one I bought from Harbor Freight #38440-7VGA. Although
it is a nice size and with the flip top I can glass bead a TR3 wheel or
cylinder head. The problem with it is the bottom only angles in from the
front and back so the pick-up ends up uncovered after a few minutes of
blasting and then it take a minute or two to get it to start feeding
again once it is covered. Find one that the pick up is built into the
bottom of a funnel shaped hopper so that gravity is helping feed the
pickup. My cheap and nasty solution with my cabinet has been to hook the
pickup tube to the bottom of a funnel I scoop the funnel full of media
before blasting and hang it from the corner of the cabinet  doing it
this way it works ok but you have to keep filling the funnel from the
hopper. In the future I'll modify the hopper in the cabinet to have a
better pickup.
<