RE: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:43:08 -0800
> I've tried making a
> joke of the "us vs. them" aspect, as in Ford vs. Chevy, Bud vs.
> Miller, Redsox vs. Yankees, Tr vs MG, etc.  But it still seems
> awkward.  Your idea of admitting they "they do look alike" may have
> promise tho'.

My usual response is "Well, it's like a MG, but it was made by a different
company in England called Triumph.  They later merged with MG but when this
car was made, they were still a separate company."  And if their eyes
haven't glazed over yet, "Even then they were still separate brands, kind of
like Dodge and Plymouth".

Obviously this is a simplification, but it's reasonably close.

Randall