RE: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: "'Fisher, Curt (AFS-Dixon)'" <CFisher1@afs.bwauto.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:24:35 -0500
Back in 1987 I had done a quick and dirty paint job on my TR6 and had some
fun with decals. In addition to the Union Jacks (with TR6 written on them)
on the rear quarter panels of my car, I had also placed large "TR6" decals
on the front quarter panels just under where the British Leyland badges are
glued. These as you may know are 4" high white letters.

I was in a parking lot for a while and some guy sat there in his car about
20 feet away and stared at the side of the car for the longest time. Finally
he got out of his car and came up and said "Is that a TR7 ?".

I must have thought of 30 witty remarks before finally giving up and just
saying "No, it's an Aston Martin".

Mark