SUV

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SUV
From: "Peter Philips" <pkphilips@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:12:01 -0500
Listers,

I tired tried sit this one out.

Did you ever hear such pap as the SUV debate that goes on ad nauseam?

We drive cars that may have no "useful" purpose; we do so because we like them
and enjoy them. In the next breath we dare criticize others for driving what
they choose to drive. We take as our pleading platform mpg's forgetting that
the argument is fatuous on its face particularly when you consider "passenger"
miles per gallon.
I, for one, don't "get" SUV's. I own one but that's because my wife does "get"
them. She does not "get" Triumphs but good-naturedly puts up with my car, my
musings and the ongoing drain to our bank balance. Who am I to invoke a double
standard?

When the SUV leaves here with a driver and six passengers I recall when this
took two cars . As they say "do the math". OK OK around town the fuel mileage
is only about 90% of the wagon that preceded it. This is hardly worth the
angst being expended on the topic.

P. Philips

Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp.
Branch Office:
Suite 101, 5700 Cleveland Street
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462-1752
Registered representative of,
and securities offered through,
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp.,
member NASD, SIPC

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Peter K Philips.vcf]