Help on Wiring

To: "Richard Crabbe" <rcrabbe@mergetel.com>
Subject: Help on Wiring
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:52:04 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gBVCtFcq014374
Message text written by "Richard Crabbe"
>I am finishing up a frame off of my 76 TR, I think it's been only 4 years
but
according to my wife it's been a lot longer. The question I have is I'm
tring
to test the dash lights (guages) and I cannot seem to get the right
combination to see if everything works. I have grounded the harness - 2
grounds in the new harness, I have turned on the light switch and I have
connected the reostat. So far all that comes on and this is according to
the
diagram is the ignition light.
I want to make sure all is well before putting the dash back in. I am
looking
for some input as to how to go about this.
<

Richard (or should I call you "Crabby?"),

I'm not sure I quite understand.  Do you have the wire harness run but no
dash or gauges installed?  If this is the case then the bulbs, which only
have one wire, must be installed in the gauges to complete the circuit.  To
test each one individually take a jumper wire and connect one end to the
ground (black) wire and touch each bulb socket and watch for the bulb to
illuminate.  Be sure to touch the outside of the socket and not the
red/white wire center.

Enjoy

Dave
71 TR6