RE: Gauge lighting (was little green lights)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gauge lighting (was little green lights)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:51:13 -0800

http://www.netdisty.com/

> 23105 Kashiwa Crt, Ste A, Torrance, Ca.....Phone
> 310-326-5806

Interesting that, they appear to be in the same building as LEDtronics.
Since Netdisty describe themselves as an "e-commerce" company, I suspect
they are selling LEDtronic's components over the Internet.

BTW, LEDtronic's site is at
http://www.ledtronics.com

> they turn on 0.6
> seconds quicker..........which is more than 45' at 60 mph.

Hmmm, that sounds like marketing hype to me.  Some buses around here have
both types of brake lamps; if you watch carefully when they apply the brakes
you can just barely detect the difference in operating time.  It looks like
a motion of sorts.  I don't question that LEDs are faster, but IMO the
difference is down around 0.1 second or even lower.  The old time 'jerky'
films had a frame rate around 15 Hz, which is .07 seconds, and the
LED/incandescent 'motion' looks similar to me.

Randall