Magic Clutch

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Magic Clutch
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:54:46 -0500
Happy Holidays List!
    Maybe I should just shut-up & say in the corner, but you asked. Many
of you know that I've just finished rebuilding my TR4/A engine. & YES, I
DO have 'Ship Wrecks disease' [Very Badly, starting back went I was 6
yr. :-[ ]. I also rebuilt the Tranny [2nd time in 5 yr.] & the clutch
set-up [I might as well since I was there :-D , I told you that I had it
bad ;-) ].
    I don't know the HP bit, but I'm sure you guys can figure that out.
;-)  I installed the 87.5 mm sleeve/pistion set with a different than
stock cam [I have the specks from when I got it in '72, so if someone
what's to know that , then E-mail me], & the standard SU H6 carbs. I
don't think that it's any Hi Performance engine, but it should be a
little higher than the standard 86 mm [TR4/A] engine, which I was told
to put out  a 105 HP :-\ .
    Any ways, I installed the Sach's clutch & the Guest TOB/sleeve. I've
only taken it out once [2 miles :-( ] for a 'Quick' :-D  test ride [I
was worrying about the leak effects hitting the area any moment]. I do
feel that it was a little 'smoother' feel to the peddle pressure. BTW- I
was told that the TR4/A is the same set-up as the TR250->6. Now I don't
know if this is any help to the list, so feel free to disregard this if not.
-Cosmo Kramer