TR3 Harness Installation problems

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Harness Installation problems
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:34:03 -0800
Hello all !

Well, I broke out my nice new wiring harness from British wiring for my TR3 for
which I did a Alternator convertion on. Yes, I have the correct harnes for an
Alternator not Generator as it has the plastic plug at the end for the
alternator.

I figured out what end is the front and what end is the back... not bad hu !
But not having had the fun of taking this car apart for the restoration (is a
combination of many parts cars) I was not able to lable the harness. Pictures
tell a thousand words, is there anyone who has or knows of, or can take many
pictures of where each part of the harness goes and what it connects to ? (I
have high speed internet so no problem on picture size)

For instance, I'm sure I know what wire goes to the starter... its a big brown
one with a "O" at the end to go over the stud on the back of the starter. But
why do I have another three or so big thick brown wires with female spade
connectors on them wrapped up with the starter power feed, there is no where
for them to connect to.

Thanks,Pat