Very little LBC content

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Subject: Very little LBC content
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:45:07 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gBEFkLLu013386
Message text written by "Scott A. Roberts"
>This morning, Friday, 13 December, my attempts at flying an airplane were
so hideous, that my instructor got out of the Cessna 172(on the ground, of
course!) and told me to fly by myself! IN OTHER WORDS- After 40 some hours
of instruction, I have finally come to terms with landings, and this
morning SOLOED! Yes! I flew as "Pilot In Command" for the first time. Well,
as "In Command" as a student can be- no passengers, cargo or livestock(Ever
try to fit "livestock " in a 172? Maybe lemmings, or a mink or two...) no
choice of destination(right- go off that end or the runway, turn about the
pattern, come back on that end of the runway) but I- by myself- taxied out,
took off- climbed-flew a pretty good pattern- descended- and LANDED- not
once, but three times! Even the fact I had to go to work afterwards failed
to annoy me today. I have now, officially, had my first solo, and I am
happy. :)
<

No wonder you can't afford a top for the Herald. ;-)

Congratulations on soloing.

Dave (with one whole hour of lessons in a 172 - back in 1976)