re: Damned Weather Man

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Damned Weather Man
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:48:52 EST
Scott,

My TR4 was always very water tight until it too started dumping water on my
leg and I finally found out why 20 years after the fact. The drain in the
plenum chamber was plugged so the chamber would fill with water and runneth
over onto my leg. When I accelerated or especially took a hard right turn a
dump of water would land on my left leg.

You can pull the hose off from below (remove side panel) and clear the drain
hole with a wire. Mine actually had a stray screw that had fallen in and
combined with some leaf compost and dirt was sealed up the drain hole solid!

This might even get your 'replace the windsheild/seals' off your 'to do' list.

Carl
'63 TR4 since '74