RE: RE: How to check oil Pressure??

To: <Cspookfish@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: How to check oil Pressure??
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:00:31 -0800
My turn (once again :)) to fess up to the mistake.  Yes, it is usually
called a banjo fitting.  Heck, they are both round musical instruments :)

Yes, if you can make the connection to the end of the inflexible tubing,
that would work.  A well stocked hardware store should have adaptor fittings
to get between the tubing and a standard pipe thread.  ISTR that the banjo
and the stiff tubing are one unit.  The only practical way is to go off the
end of that tube.

First and foremost, is your aftermarket gauge electrical or mechanical?  If
it is mechanical then you will need to plumb it directly from that line to
the gauge itself.  If it's electrical you can rig up a fitting in the engine
bay and simply run wires between the sender and the gauge and eliminate the
hot oil in the passengers lap scenario.

BTW, if you have taken the banjo (bongo :)) fitting off the oil filter head
you may want to replace the crush washers on either side.  They are
different sizes and it is important to get them back in the correct order.
Once crushed they tend not to reseal very well (at least after a few
crushings).

Good luck

Kg