Spitfire tach...

To: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire tach...
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:46:29 +0100
Cc: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>, Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Guys!
Actually there was Spitfire tachometers were you could go to ~9000
rpm... I sold off my secretly stashed NOS one this last August...

They were 8000 rpm tach's for the Stage II trim kit sold in [few]
numbers in the late sixties. Yellow sector from 6500 and red sector
from 7000 to 8000. I finally decided to sell off my little stash of
hard-to-find homologated 1147 bits to a guy who REALLY needed them.

The Kas Kastner ported eight port head [ex Canadian Team Triumph]
was sold to a friend in Britain... But the NOS eight port head [the
Canadian Team Triumph spare head. Probably the last untouched one in
the world.] and my own old [Swedish sold] eight port head together
with the two Weber DCOE 40 carbs, the inlet manifolds, exhaust mani-
fold, the adapted 1147 engine - and the 8000 rpm tach - all went to
a nice home. Shortly they will be part of a proper team effort again...

I'm concentrating on the Wedge nowadays....
Best regards
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary, TR8-rep.,