Re: No more shlep boys etc

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No more shlep boys etc
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:49:37 -0800
> Um, I've never heard of schlep (1 p or 2) being used as a noun.  (I
> confess I haven't followed all the recent discussion.)  But perhaps
> it was a noun originally and someone verbed it.
> --
> Jim Muller
> jimmuller@pop.rcn.com

Can be either.  "MyTriumph it went kaput at the bottom of the hill, the
garage was at the top.  Oy vey, what a schlep."

or, "A new genertor I had to schlep all the way back. Such tsoris."
Notice the LBC content? :)

And since it is all spelled phonetically, one "l" or two, it doesn't matter.
(But why is phonetically spelled that way?)

Bob