a little more on parts stores.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: a little more on parts stores.
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:38:08 -0700
good list.  good feedback.  i've had the privilege along with the rest of you
guys to get such great info from ppl like paul and randall.  if one of these
guys or the other active guys says something i believe em.  on the stores, it
is unfortunate that in my town, i always try to go to pep boys last.  they
have the largest inventory, but they also have the most unhelpful people
overall.  i agree that sometimes you will get a good guy including at pep, and
also, you may catch someone on a bad day.  we all have a bad day now and then.
but overall 90% of the time i cannot get help in pep boys.  if i go in and ask
for a 1970s triumph anything, they look at me and say no way.  now around the
corner is an advanced auto parts.  i'm telling you, 90% of the time i get
helpful help.  i also found they always check to see if they have that 1970s
triumph whatever part.  and, if they don't have it there, they call to denver
to see if it is in the warehouse, then send it down to me next day, no charge.
the biggest shock is, after spending over a grand at vb, trf, sbits etc.  i
found out these guys can get the same stuff for less money !!!  (argh).  free
shipping !!! no 1 to 2 week wait !.  it's good we live in a free capitalistic
society with competition.  at least we can move from store to store till we
get the service we deserve.  after all we are spending alot of hard earned
money.
larry