new tr7 to me...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: new tr7 to me...
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:19:46 -0700
i have a million questions on my new (to me) 1980 tr7, but i will start with
just a few.  1) i really want to improve engine performance, the engine is
working so perfect, can i add fuel injection and or turbo charger ?  2) did
the tr7 ever come with fuel injection from the factory ?  if so what year(s) ?
if fuel injection system or turbo system is available as aftermarket, where is
it available ?  prices ?  3) the interior lights for the heater controls have
a funny tiny bulb i have not been able to find.  it has a silver base with two
bumps on it for plugging into socket.  it is not one like the rest (black
base)  does anyone know where i can get them ?  4) the heater controls are
broken at the pivot points.  it looked to me flimsy and i bet they all break.
is there a fix for re-attaching the points and making it stay together ?  5)
last night my wife asked me if the car 'goes' on her maiden ride.  so i
cranked it off the line, i was moving up toward 4000 rpm in second gear and
going around a mild curve to the right.  the rear tires came right out on me
and the back end came up to the left meeting the front end.  luckily i was
able to pull it out.  so the question is the handling.  my previous gt6 would
have handled that curve with absolutley no problem.  is this a problem with
this car ?  is there a fix for it ?  6) can anyone give me some good leads on
getting parts.  i need some misc lights and other parts.  i would like to get
used first for $$$ sake.  7) the car has been repainted the original color
(thank goodness).  all the decals and whatever else are gone so i want to
restore them.  what decals or badges did this car have ?  where do they go ?
where can i get these items ?
thanks for letting me get all that out there.  i appreciate any feedback you
can supply.
larry stein, lstein6@earthlink.net