(no subject)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:18:53 EST
Can anyone toss me a hint as to what's happening with my wife's 95 Toyota
Corolla (EFI)? Starting a few days ago, when she went to start it, it turned
over fine but wouldn't fire. Gave it a couple of tries, still won't fire.
Looking under the hood, I see smoke curling back out of the air intake. After
another try or two, it then fires and runs as smoothly as can be. The only
thing I've seen reminsicent of this was when I had the wires on the TR4A
switched and the timing was way off (minimal lbc content?). But it can't be
timing because once it starts it runs smoothly. And for as long as it's on.
Then, let it sit for a while (not necessarily very long) and the same thing
again. Turn over, smoke (not thin either) and then, fires after a few tries.
Something appears to be accumulating in the throttle body (?) while the car
sits and whatever it is then gets kicked back(?) when we first try to start?
And then it gets 'flushed' by subsequent tries. But whatever it has has to be
'pushed' through the system, I would think. Which if not a bad thing, isn't
the way it's supposed to be.
Any ideas?

Jim
65 4A