TR6 Clutch madness

To: Jack DeWolf <jbd@dotnet.com>
Subject: TR6 Clutch madness
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:02:17 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Jack DeWolf
>My clutch seems to gradually lose the ability to disengage. It seems worse

after it's been running for 20 minutes or so. At first, it is hard to get
in gear from neutral and grinds going into reverse from neutral with the
clutch fully depressed. I replaced the master and slave, bled it for 2 days

(that was really fun), and eventually moved the rod to the highest hole on
the lever to get more throw. It worked much better, but now I notice a
sound something akin to a loose fan belt when I depress the clutch and damn

if it isn't dragging again, not fully releasing. Is this related to a throw

out bearing going south? Any wisdom much appreciated!
<

It is possible (likely) that they are unrelated.  If you have verified
adequate slave cylinder movement then perhaps the taper pin has broken and
the shaft is rotating in the throw-out fork before operating the clutch.
The squeeling is the throw-out bearing starting to go dry but this would
not cause the other problem.

But in either event the transmission must come out.  Fortunately, you have
all winter to fix it.

Dave
71 TR6