Pinion Seal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pinion Seal
From: Russ Locke <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:53:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hello from a newbie TR4 owner.  (Newbie to this list.  I've owned two
other 4s, one a TR4A IRS, both many years ago.)

I just purchased a '63 that may be a '64 (another story) TR4 that has
a great body but needs a bit of work elsewhere.  The PPO or someone
replaced some of the interior with TR4A stuff so I'm slowly getting
it back right.

I'm about to attempt to replace the pinion seal on my '64 TR4.
Anything special I should know?  The diff is leaking pretty good but
is ok in all other ways (I think/hope)so don't want to pull it just
to do the seal.

Russ Locke
San Antonio, TX
http://sbc.yahoo.com