Re: It's not easy being Green

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It's not easy being Green
From: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:45:44 -0400
Thanks to everyone for all the responses! I felt sure that the color was the
problem and I actually tried to get the owner of the car to let me help him
strip it and paint it Triumph Racing Green before he sold it. He's a good
friend so it only would have cost him a case of Guiness and the price of the
materials but I'm sure he would have easily gotten the $12,000 he wanted to
get (and believe me, the car was worth it).

When I do a car I really don't care what the original color was if I don't
like it. I always paint them a color I like or something saleable. The only
time I might consider doing otherwise is if the value of the car would be
significantly hurt if it was painted a different color than the serial
number says it should be. I think there are very few cars where that idea
would hold true - certainly not for a TR6.

Regards,
~Mike