Electric fans vs. a good radiator

To: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g3KD99i08086
Subject: Electric fans vs. a good radiator
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:09:07 -0400
There has been a lot of recent discussion about fitting an electric fan in
TR3/4s to correct overheating problems, but then needing to convert to an
alternator to handle the added load prompted.  There is an alternative.

About 10 years ago I had a heavy-duty core installed in my TR4 radiator (by
Glenn Gonzales, Gaithersburg, MD, NFI).  Coupled with a yellow plastic fan
(TR250?), the car has never exhibited any hint of overheating, even in the dead
of summer in stop and go traffic.  For my money its a preferred alternative to
the added complexity of an electric fan and associated support infrastructure.

Just my $0.02.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4 (CT 37089 L)
1974 2000 GTV