Copycat ADU spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Copycat ADU spitfire
From: Steve Reilly <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:02:26 -0400
Hello,

I love the look of the ADU spitfires, and I'd like to make one cosmetic
change on my GT6.

What I'd like to do is remove the front bumper and replace it with those
covers over the front bonnet hinges.  Does the (fiberglass?) bonnet nose on
the Lemans Spitfires stick out more, or are the bonnet hinges further
forward on MK2 GT6's?  They seem to stick out more than the ADU photos below.

Has anyone else made such a modification to their spitfire/gt6?  Am I nuts?

http://www.triumphspitfire.de/le_mans_galerie.html
http://amicale.com/spitfire/images/washington/adu1b_1964_01.jpg

Thanks,
Steve Reilly