TR Trans Hump Sealant

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR Trans Hump Sealant
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:37:38 -0700
     To answer my own previous string about what to seal a TR3 trans hump to
the floor with, I stopped by an automotive paint supply place here in
Tehachapi and bought 25 feet of 3M seam caulking. It was like rolled up
play-doh, black and remains pliable. It is slightly tacky and sticks where
put. It was 8 cents per linear foot in one foot lengths. After putting it
in, I plan to put high temperature silicone (from a wood burning stove
store) from underneath between the floor and the hump beside the trans for
additional sealing. If I every pull the hump in the future, it should be
easy to get out.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 TR3 TS72747LO