Stupid Question of the Day - Gearshift Boots

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[ED572830:01C1E6D1] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g3IC9si17199
Subject: Stupid Question of the Day - Gearshift Boots
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:09:44 -0500 qcorp.net>
Hi All,

After replacing my floor pan, I'm finally putting my interior back in, but I
have two stupid questions.

First, my lower rubber boot that attaches to the fiberglass gearbox tunnel
appears to be compressed on one side.  Looking at the various catalogs, this
appears to be normal.  When installing this boot into the tunnel cover, should
the compressed side face towards the front, or the rear of the car?

Lastly, for you purists out there, does the seam on the vinyl/leather gearshift
boot face towards the front, or the rear of the car?

Thanks,

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6