miswired hazard sw. resolved a cautionary tale

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: miswired hazard sw. resolved a cautionary tale
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:04:28 -0400 FILETIME=[DAB07F30:01C1E3AA]
Good Morning listers,
    Yesterday I posted a message concerning the rebuild of my dash.  Late last
night I found the obvious culprit, a disconnected amp meter connection.
Trouble was that the instruments still were not functioning correctly, namely
the hazard switch and the wipers and blower motor which ran in time to the
hazard flashing.  The DPO had put the hazard switch in upside down and I had
turned  it around right. The hazard sw. was wired correctly as per the fascia
connections diagram on page 584 of the Bentley Manual, but still did not
operate correctly.  Finally, in total desperation I started to trace back each
wire to try to figure out what was wrong.  Wait, what's this!  The wiring to
the hazard sw.  in the wiring schematic on page 488 is different  from the
fascia diagram and, as it turns out is, the correct wiring. Problem solved.
    Hope I save someone some time.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6