RE: brake bleeder

To: "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: brake bleeder
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:17:03 -0700
I built a similar unit for about 1/2 the cost (~$25).  I saw the
instructions on the BMW club web page (no I don't own a Beemer, I was just
surfing)- the URL is:
http://www.garageboy.com/bmw/bleeder.html
Anyway, the point of my reply is that no matter who's power bleeding unit
you use (Gunson, Motive Power, or home-built), none of them come with a cap
which fits the TR6 master cylinder.  My solution was to purchase a new cap,
put the new cap on the car, and modify the old cap for use with my bleeder.
Once you power bleed, you will never go back to the old ways (Mityvac,
Spouse/Child, etc).

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6