Moss Alum. Heads, Surrey Window Trim

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss Alum. Heads, Surrey Window Trim
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, Folks,

I've had two surrey tops, one had a repro 'chromed-plastic' trim on it,
and the other has the original trim which appears to be aluminum to me.

I think proceeding with the super-fine steel wool is probably the best
solution if you're sure you've got the metal one.

As for the aluminum heads, I went and looked at one of these at Moss. It
did seem to incorporate several of the Kastner mods. ( and it came with
everything, ready to bolt on )

I did some research on this a while back, and I believe they were cast by
an outfit in the UK that does casting for some F1 racing teams.

While very pretty, the $2K pricetag is a bit daunting.

The $800 aluminum MGB head seems like a bargain by comparison.

-jeffrey