Sudden oil pressure drop solved

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sudden oil pressure drop solved
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 20:37:06 -0400
Thank you everyone who responded to my query regarding sudden low oil
pressure. I had a tremendous response and it is very much appreciated.
Well nobody thought of this, including me, but I'm glad it turned out to be
as simple as it did: as I pulled the plug to drain the oil, it gushed out
way too fast, and smelled very familiar - gasoline!
Turns out the needle stuck open in the carb, and I forgot to shut off the
gas the night before. (I did think it was strange that I ran out so soon.)
What with the gas tank being higher than the intake manifold, all the fuel
was able to drain in through the head and find its way to the oil sump.
I guess the engine is well flushed. 12 pints of straight 30 and I'm back to
90 lbs at start up.
Sometimes things do go OK!
Thanks again,
Jim