TR6 problems with reverse

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 problems with reverse
From: QAGroup@aol.com
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:33:17 -0500
Hi List:

I've got a problem with reverse on my 1973 TR6.  Approx 1/3 of the time when
shifting into reverse the gears do not engage and the stick shift gets stuck in
the reverse gate.  Some fiddeling around with the tail end of the linkages
frees up the stick.  1/3 of the time reverse will not engage but the stick does
not get stuck.  1/3 of the time reverse engages and everything is fine.

Has anyone ever experienced this?  Any ideas if this is a linkage issue, fork
issue, synchro?

Thanks,
Randy Kosow 1973 TR6 CF614UO 2xx,xxx miles