Re: TR6 Rear Supsension (longer than expected)

Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Supsension (longer than expected)
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:21:01 -0700
>What happens is that the axle shaft encounters the chassis and
> limits the downward movement of the trailing arm such that the spring > is
still SLIGHTLY compressed.  So for me it is necessary to unbolt
> the half-shafts from the differential.

 I was having a difficult time getting one rear spring out and couldn't
figure out why (especially when I'd had both springs out before).  If
finally occurred to me to simply turned the half-shaft by hand (take it out
of gear).  That let the trailing arm drop just a little more and let me take
the spring out.  Sometimes the half-shaft's rotational position will hang up
on the chassis a little differently than in other positions and won't give
you all the slack you need to get the spring out.

Just thought I'd share my experience and maybe save someone from having to
loosen the inner half-shaft at the differential.

If your springs are longer than stock then this might not work but it's
worth a try before taking out more bolts.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)