Electrical worry

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical worry
From: "ian.viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:04:42 +0100
On starting my TR6 today, when I turned the ignition key I heard a 'spark
noise' - just a single 'crack' before the engine started. The noise seemed
to come from the ignition key area. I switched off and started the car
again - no stange noises that time.
I am a little paranoid about electrical fires since my Mini Cooper caught
fire some years ago (a strange cause - coil bracket broke, coil fell against
engine block - tacho wire became a 'fuse' and set area behind dash on
fire!).
Should I investigate strange noise on the 6? Where should I look?

TIA
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6